This is an 8 week course exploring the power of and intersection points between mindfulness practice, self-inquiry and art making. The classes will meet in the evening from 7-9pm. We will do a short sit, followed by an introduction of the essential question we will be investigating for that session (example: what makes me expand? what makes me contract?). I will also intro a technique each week that can be utilized or not. Over the course of 8 weeks the following processes will be explored: drawing with various media, painting (watercolor + acrylic), printmaking, collage and working with found objects. There will be 80 minutes of workshop time and we will close with a group share and sit.
- 1st session: Thurs. Feb 22 (7-9)
- 2nd session: Thurs. March 1 (7-9)
- 3rd session: Thurs. March 8 (7-9)
- 4th session: Thurs. March 15 (7-9)
- 5th session: Thurs. March 22 (7-9)
- 6th session: Sat. April 7 (10-3)
- 7th session: Thurs. April 12 (7-9)
- 8th session: Thurs. April 19 (7-9)
*Materials are included
Location: Beam & Anchor - 2710 N Interstate Ave. 97217
Please come prepared with a journal and pencil for sketching and jotting down thoughts.